- Posted by Rasheed Ogunlaru
- 0 Comments
- "personal development", achievements, back to business, back to work, being your own boss, biography, business coach, career development, career ladder, career planning, coaching, CV, getting a new job, job interviews, life coach, mentoring, motivational speaker, networking, personal brand, promotion, Rasheed Ogunlaru, self confidence, setting goals
Ok the summer holidays are over, autumn is arriving and it’s back to school, back to business and and back to work. How do you feel about it? How do you feel about your job? Raring to go? Desperate to leave? Feeling stuck and want to move on up?
This article and the videos here on this page will help you to progress professionally and personally. Meanwhile make a date to join my Back to work, back to business free webinar 7.30-8.30pm on Tue 8 Sept.
Back to work, Ready, set, go
Ok first things first let’s take stock, plan and get ready to move ahead. The video above shares my ready, set, go approach.
1) Ready: ensure you’re rested, clear the decks, clear your desk, clear your emails. Get organised, energised and systemised.
2) Set: goals for your career / home life; put a timetable in place to support/ structure you; set aside time for you / love ones.
3) Go: give 100%; do a great job; go after the promotion or new role. But it may also be time to leave and move on.
Hate your job? … find one you love
The reality for you – as with thousands of others too – is that this new season and return to work tell you that it’s time to move on and do something that you truly love. It can be energising or deeply daunting but these steps will help you make that journey to career fulfilment. The video and tips below will help you on your way.
Top ten tips
1. Give yourself space and time to discover what you really want
2. Reconnect to nature: a walk in the park helps make change more of a ‘walk in the park
- List what you’re passionate about. This will begin to point you to what you should do
- List your personal / professional skills talents and accomplishments — this will help too
- Get tips from those you respect, who’ve been there and the wise – it will guide you
- Network online and in person — huge amounts of jobs and opportunities emerge here
- Follow your heart and trust yourself– but also set a survival budget and be practical
- Update your CV, write a strategy, use agencies/ contacts, web sites and get networking
9. In meeting and interview be clear, crisp, compelling and shine
- Be personable, passionate, proactive and yourself -your heart will lead you to your new job / career.
Taking charge of your career
Whether you stay or go. You are the key to your career growth – not your boss, not the HR department, not the learning and development team, not friends or family.
Business dreams…Got what it takes to be your own boss?
Perhaps like many you’re tired of being employed, or have been made redundant and perhaps feel that it’s time to be your own boss. If you are on that path then there’s lots of resources on my www.soul-trader.biz site. But do you have what it takes to succeed in business. This video will help you consider if you have the mindset, skill set and readiness for the journey.
Twitter: RasheedOgunlaru Check out Rasheed’s new “Networking for Success” event held monthly at the British Library http://www.bl.uk/bipc/workevents/networking/index.html